Tuesday, 20 January 2015


Just finished putting the paint on Eiryss.  Simple, but hopefully effective job.  Needs basing up to match the rest of my Cygnar models now.

Tuesday, 13 January 2015

eHaley Finished

Finished Major Victoria Haley.  Took about 4 evenings in total, and I am pleased with the outcome.  Now I just need to try her on the field, probably in a Tier List, either the gravediggers (I have previously built the trench sections I would need) or the Eye of the Storm list.

Monday, 12 January 2015

Progress Report

Well, so far the 30 minutes a night hobby work has gone reasonably well.  2 projects ongoing at the moment.  Firstly, I based the remaining 3 trenchers, with rockets and the Rangers for my Cygnar army.  Brown, drybrush and then static grass, nothing exciting at all.

More importantly, I have been working on eHaley.  I have ideas about using her Tier List with 2 Storm Striders, but not certain as yet.  Nevertheless, work in progress painting shots of her following.  Comments as ever welcome.

Monday, 5 January 2015

Major Haley

Well, I have managed to get some painting done on my painting on a regular basis plan, although the weekend was a fail due to work.  I've done some work on the basing of some trencher rockets and some trencher scouts, and a little painting of Haley2.

Still struggling with the photography of these with the new phone camera.  the leather skirt, and the blues are done.  Mechanical arm needs highlighting, and then I will probably work on the cloak, before I move on to the belts and pouches.

Comments and thoughts welcome.

Thursday, 1 January 2015

New Painting Year

Right, it is new year, and so therefore I probably should have some painting resolutions.  So here goes.

1. Aim to paint or model for at least 30 minutes most days.  Obviously there will be days when I can't for reasons of life, the universe or work, but generally, this is going to be my aim
2. Aim to keep this blog updated with both pictures of finished models, and also a list of what I have painted this year.  I will aim to post at least once a week with that weeks progress.  To do this, I probably need to improve my photography of models as well.
3. To try and play at least 1, and hopefully more, games of something a week.  This should not only include my usual (new) haunt, but also getting back to Wessex Wyverns and Christchurch Crusaders, since I miss those guys.
4. To take photos of my games, and to try and get those up here too, as well as some thoughts, so that I can learn from my games.
5. To try and start playing Magic again in a CONTROLLED fashion.  Which at the moment, will mean probably mostly playing draft tournaments at my local shop.  Previously, I might have spent more money than was wise on this game, around fourth edition.  I don't want to do that again.  I might even slake my lust for this game some more by trying to get my DCI judges certification for the most recent rule sets....

Shadows of Redchapel

Finished painting and basing the Shadows of Redchapel models this evening.  A chunk of these had been done before today, but I have finished the 2 rotten belles and the Copycat killer tonight, and finished the basing.  I have to say, I have never found a set of models that I looked forward to painting so much, and enjoyed painting so little, although I am not sure why.  I think it could be because I had a block on my painting while I was dealing with these.  Either way, they are mostly done.. I have a third belle to paint, but she can happily wait until I feel that I have a need, as I have enough other resser models to make a usable crew.