Sunday 19 October 2014

InfinityThe League Games

Looks, Legs, AND Armour 5!!!
Well, thursday was week 2 of Lvl Up's infinity escalation league. Usually, I turn out lists off the top of my head and run with it, but given the drubbing that I had gotten the week before, plus some bad choices in a league where we had to keep 75% of the models the same at each change, I was left with quiet a lot of problems.  I really wish that I had started with a list that included a hacker, and fewer Netrods.  My alternative draft of a list replaces the Asura with a team of Post Humans, but I was asked to leave them at home due to their unique rules which would be difficult to explain to people who had only had 4-5 games (including me in that group)




Nevertheless, after much thinking, discussion and trial runs, I came up with..



 ALEPH
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

 GROUP 1 (Regular: 6/Irregular: 0):

 ASURA Lieutenant MULTI Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, AP CCW. (73)
 DEVA (G: Synchronized) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser+Devabot / Pistol, Knife. (27)
 DEVABOT Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. 
 DEVA (G: Synchronized) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser+Devabot / Pistol, Knife. (27)
 DEVABOT Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. 
 THORAKITES Submachine gun, Chain Rifle, Flash Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (13)
 NETROD Electric Pulse. (4)
 NETROD Electric Pulse. (4)

 0 SWC | 148 Points
ARMY CODE: eNozN1RVNTSxUDVQNVEzUTOsMVYzgpNGxmqGQMrQDIlSLTMBABF+Cus=


This gave me a (very) heavy hitter, and the 2 Deva/Devabot combos that allowed me to increase the number of models that I actually got to field, without breaking the 7 order limit.

Cheap, and caused a Koala to try to hug it.  Robot Love?
I played against a nomad force led by Sinn.  It was a really very good game.  Fun opponent, and the nice thing about the bottom tables is that it is a very friendly place to be.

The Girls (Deva's)



Upshot was, I used a Devabot to trigger his Krazy K, and then was able to get my Asura Lt. into a central, elevated position where she proceeded to dominate, proving that armour plus cover makes her extremely hard to shift.  Literally everything that hit her bounced, including heavy machine gun fire and a flamethrower.  I am told that the first model to peek round and try to take a pop at her was Sinns Lt, and that he realised after it narrowly avoided getting shot that it was his Lt, and so dodged it back round out of LOF.  I ended the game 6-1 ahead, which was enough to move me to 9th in the league so I am told.
I may have spent a lot of time describing these as sticks pre game

Some pics of my Aleph that were used.....More to come.


 I also have the list that my opponent used, but I have chosen not to post it in case it gives the opposition an advantage later in the game.


No comments:

Post a Comment