Monday, 2 November 2015

Harley Quinn

So, today, as well as finishing off my Torakage, I have been working on my Harley Quinn for the Batman Miniature Game.  I should say in advance, that I don't play this, this is purely a painting project.  There are photos of my Poison Ivy for the same game elsewhere on the blog.
  I started off by assembling the miniature, and then the whole thing was given a wash of seraphim sepia for the purposes of allowing me to see detail more easily.

  After that, the skin was worked up from Kislev Flesh with a reikland Flesh wash, and then a couple of highlights layered on.  This was then over painted with a mix of White Scar and Lahmian Medium to provide the face paint.  Eyes and Lips were painted with a mix of the appropriate colour and the white glaze.

Following this, I then started work on the red on her outfit. This was basecoated with Mephiston Red, washed with Carroburg Crimson, and then highlighted using mixes of the following plus Lahmian Medium  to the consistency of almost glazes.  These were worked from Mephiston Red, through Evil Sunz Scarlet, and then with a very final edge using the above plus White Scar added.  In the following photo, this looks quite pink, but in the flesh, the pinkness is less pronounced and it looks an awful lot better.
 Following finishing the red, I have now got to a point where I am starting on the black.  This has been base coated with Army painter Matt Black, my new favourite black paint.  I have to say that this is where I have stopped, knowing that I am both awful at, and hate highlighting black without making it too grey.  To that end, I shall sleep upon it, and then decide how to proceed tomorrow.  Any ideas on the best way to highlight the black up of course are gratefully received.

I should add, that much of my inspiration for actually getting around to painting this has come from reading this blog.  I sincerely hope he doesn't mind me linking to him, and if he does, please let me know and I will take it down.  His amazing paint job led me to finally get up the courage to have a go at this model myself.

Finally, it would be remiss if I didn't include a photo of the other models I finished today.  My Torakage.  I have to confess that I didn't enjoy building these, and I haven't enjoyed painting them.  Still, the progress my campaign to paint all of the available 10 Thunders models for Malifaux.

No comments:

Post a Comment