Saturday 6 June 2015

LZ is Hot!

Well, I've had 2 weeks off work, and decided that I needed a painting project for that time, to go with the relaxing and spending time with the other half.  Since my FLGS is starting a Dropzone Commander evening, and I had a force for this mostly in boxes unpainted, I decided that this was the way to go.  I looked through the book for inspirational paint schemes, and decided that while the Lombards scheme would let me have the purple, it might be a little too purple, and so I turned to the "Zulu" scheme from the rulebook.

So, without further ado, I present my Dropzone Force so far.

Spot the pre this painting session one on the left with a different painting style.










All of these are painted using a very simple method.  Undercoat Steel Legion Drab, washed with Agrax Earthshade and then drybrush Tallarn Sand.  After that, the Purple is Genestealer Purple with a Druchi Violet wash.  The Gems are Warpstone Glow highlighted with Moot Green.  The black lens' are flames of War Black Grey with Army Painter War Paint Matt Black.  I should note, that of all the blacks I have ever used, the Army Painter one is by a long margin the best black paint I have ever used.

Comments and Ideas are more than welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment