Saturday 11 June 2016

Sod 'em and Gamora

So, Gamora is the Next one of the Guardians of the Galaxy to be painted.  Now, the first thing I should say is that this is a lovely model, that is absolutely crushed by the completely dreadful casting that I received.  I have basically had to completely reshape her arms, her waist socket bears no relation is size or shape to her torso and the whole thing left me thoroughly pissed off, and I am in no way convinced that this isn't going to be the stand out poor model in this set.











Nevertheless, the step by step.

The initial model, post clean up, and undercoating with white primer, in this case Citadel primer, because it is what I had.

Next was two thinned coats of Moot Green, applied to all of the upper body and face.


 Washed with Biel-Tan Green in order to provide deep shadows, and some definition for the next stage, which was.....


Painting all of those areas that were going to be black material on the upper torso


And then the skin was taken up with Moot Green, followed by layers with increasing amounts of Screaming Skull added


The final steps for this time were to paint her hair Screamer Pink, and then to wash it with Nuln Oil.




As usual, comments and criticism always welcome, part 2 will be along as soon as I finish the model.

No comments:

Post a Comment